Job ID 2021-3012
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Design, develop and support multiple data projects in traditional relational databases such as Oracle, MSSQL and PostgreSQL as well as non-traditional database such as HIVE, Vertica and Snowflake.
- Analyze business requirements, design and implement required data model and ETL/ELT processes on your own
- Participate in data architecture and engineering decision making/planning
- Create an enterprise level data inventory regardless of source, format, structure
- Connect, integrate, join different datasets and databases
- Translate complex technical subjects into terms that can be understood by both technical and non-technical audiences
Qualifications: (must have)
- 3+ years of experience with database development on Oracle, MSSQL or PostgreSQL
- 1+ years of experience with big data databases such as Vertica, Snowflake or Hive
- Must have experience with Pentaho PDI
- Strong communication and documentation skill is absolutely required for this role as you will be working directly with both technical and non-technical teams
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new technologies and business and willing to take initiative beyond basic responsibilities
- Experience on the Hadoop ecosystem
- Programming skills in either Python or Java
- Web analytics or Business Intelligence a plus
- Understanding of Ad stack and data (Ad Servers, DSM, Programmatic, DMP, etc)