Digital Market Research Analyst
Job ID 2018-1055
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Market Research Analyst will provide research and analytics for decision-support to our internal and external clients. Using survey based research along with developing technologies as a tool to collect, analyze, develop, and deliver information, the Analyst helps clients evaluate campaign impact of programs, define consumer insights and synthesize data for easy consumption.
The Analyst will maintain data integrity, use a variety of analytic techniques to understand data and relay the implications of the results to the project team. This position is responsible for ensuring that project deliverables address client objectives and accurately present findings in a clear, concise, and compelling manner. The ideal candidate will turn complex data into actionable insights for the sales, marketing, and corporate teams.
The Analyst will be responsible for overseeing the research process including:
- Participate in study design with project team and/or clients
- Project management of both internal and third-party studies (e.g. measurement feasibility, questionnaire design, asset tagging, recruitment management/troubleshooting, and delivery of results)
- Demonstrate understanding of survey sampling methods, their impact, and use
- Write and format questionnaires using preferred questionnaire writing processes
- Monitor the quality of the data and discard non-qualified respondents (set and apply criteria)
- Perform phases of the data analysis plan using necessary tools with guidance from experienced team members
- Analyze research results, create visual charts, and write meaningful narratives that effectively convey the implications of the data
- Simultaneously manage multiple research programs across multiple campaigns
- Deliver insightful and meaningful analytics to internal and external clients
- Demonstrate the value of WebMD’s business on a corporate and account basis
- Ensure sound and rigorous survey measurement in accordance with market research standards
- Minimum 1-2 years in digital and/or traditional market research
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or equivalent, Masters/MBA+ or equivalent experience
- CPG/Pharma and/or consultant, research supplier, agency experience preferred
- Experience with a broad range of research methodologies, including ad effectiveness
- Familiarity with syndicated market research companies (e.g. comScore, Millward Brown)
- Strategic thinker who is also willing to roll up sleeves and understand the details
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Planning, prioritization, and time management excellence
- Proactive, especially in pushing for new opportunities, approaches, and ideas
- Keenly focused on action and solutions; thriving with deep critical thinking and analysis
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable, strong ability to pivot when the need arises
Tools: Microsoft office, SPSS, Survey Programming Tools