Editorial Operations Manager
Job ID 2019-1698
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The Editorial Development Operations Manager will coordinate all operational aspects of funded content production and delivery to support the editorial revenue pipeline, and will report to the Director of Editorial Development Operations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of funded content production, ensuring timely delivery, schedule and workflow adherence, and the processes used to support content creation.
- Plan and allocate editorial operations resources
- Contribute to the operationalization of all new funded editorial products; defining processes, workflows and approvals, and develop and deliver training to the department.
- Manage a team of 2 operations staff members, ensuring quality and a high level of accountability within the team through coaching and identification of development opportunities
- Participate in content brainstorming and pitch meetings
- Build and review content using WebMD’s content management systems
- Oversee the creation and delivery of operations documentation for all new products, processes and content types
- Develop and deliver training to new members of the editorial development team, and to the larger editorial organization as requested
- Work across teams and departments to define and implement process and workflows
- Oversee content production tracking, including hard costs and production volume, and monthly status reporting
- Bachelors degree in a related field or related experience
- 5+ years of experience in digital publishing and leading delivery teams
- Proficient at project management tools and concepts
- The ability to manage multiple projects, solve problems, and work quickly across teams to accelerate progress
- A big-picture thinker who’s not afraid to get in the weeds when needed
- A self-starter, who works well without a lot of oversight and thinks about the next step before being asked
- A collaborator who works across the company to execute the vision of a project
- Ambitious, always looking for every opportunity to improve processes and workflows