Job ID 2022-4120
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
This position will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying reporting solutions, intake of business requirements, and translating the requirements to technical specifications. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to design and development of new software and applications, development of complex ETL processes, software upgrades, enhancing or modifying existing code to meet the changing business needs, and root cause analysis. This role is responsible for the development and support of applications to support automated reporting, web tools, file maintenance routines, and advanced software packages. This role will work in an Agile development environment. This person will perform the role of a project leader for projects in their domain.
- Design, code, and test web enabled and command line applications to support data warehousing, reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with internal teams on translating business requirements into technical designs
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation issues
- Perform technical troubleshooting and problem solving for custom built reporting solutions
- Conduct unit testing and diagnostic analytics
- Develop implementation plans and project timelines
- Perform software and reporting design reviews
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for process improvement and system modifications
- Evaluate and provide recommendations for software, hardware, and services innovation.
- Overall Experience: 3+ years of information systems experience and software development.
·Experience with the Unix/Linux operating system environment, some UNIX administration experience is a plus.
· 3+ years of experience in one or more database technologies like Oracle, SQL Server, Vertica.
· Strong experience in multiple languages like shell script, Perl, cgi, php, C++. Python Data Integrator experience is a plus.
· Strong working knowledge of HTTP protocol, XML. Java and java script desirable.
· Strong communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Education: A bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, information technology or a related discipline or relevant experience.