Job ID 2020-2120
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD’s Medscape division is seeking an energetic and experienced product manager to join our team and support the management and development of our Education Platform, which proudly serves the professional health care industry both in the US market as well as the Global Market.
The product manager is expected to perform all product management duties including product portfolio management, documentation, partnering with stakeholders and cross functional teams, a user advocate, markets and analytic inputs, requirements gathering and project planning, documentation, partner with UX team on wireframes, and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and teams include editorial, production, design, QA, data services, and marketing.
The successful candidate will:
- Meet with business stakeholders to develop a product vision and related documentation and wireframes;
- Become familiar with our monetization strategy and be able to contribute products to new and existing revenue streams;
- Understand web user psychology, behavioral economics, and user experience trends;
- Become a user advocate, with a comprehensive understanding of different learner types;
- Monitor user experience and coordinate user testing to determine effectiveness and impact on user engagement;
- Execute on statistical hypothesis testing plans toward making the best-informed decisions;
- Interact with and convey requirements to implementation teams and ensure products meet specifications;
- Keep all stakeholders regularly informed of product management and development planning;
- Be a passionate advocate for our products and possess strong communication and presentation skills;
- Manage multiple products simultaneously;
- Be creative and curious and make regular contributions for new product ideas based on market need and analytical conclusions.
- Understand and champion the workflow and requirements needed for product operationalization from the content team
- 3 + years’ experience in online and software product management and development;or related systems/business analysis experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing, Digital or Graphic Design, Media Studies or related field or an additional 4 years of experience in product/ management;
- Experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for business partners and technical product teams including business rationale, user stories, functional specifications, and wireframing;
- Demonstrated understanding of web user psychology, behavioral economics, and user experience trends;
- Demonstrable understanding of core online learning formats
- Advanced organizational skills;
- Advanced communication skills, i.e. a strong and confident communicator able to converse easily among business, editorial and development teams;
- Highly proficient in both Microsoft Office as well as G-Suite;
- Experience working in Agile and Matrixed environments.
- Skills and experience in virtual learning a plus;
- Experience in the medical information sector is also a strong plus;
- Understanding of website code development a plus