Content Tagging Specialist
Job ID 2018-13885
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
The Medscape Content Tagging Specialist will review and curate medical tagging for Medscape’s features, journals, and clinical content. She or he will provide key editorial judgement to validate and improve upon baseline automated indexing. The Content Tagging Specialist will also provide recommendations to build upon Medscape’s taxonomy, recommending terms for inclusion/exclusion, building out synonymy, and highlighting areas for indexing improvement. The Content Tagging Specialist will conduct periodic reviews of available inventory for accuracy.
- On a daily basis, review feature, journal, and reference content tagging as content is published to ensure appropriate concept and specialty tags are applied
- Assist with high-level QA reviews of automated indexing results
- Modify tagging as needed to improve upon automated indexing quality and align with business priorities
- Identify strategic opportunities for improvement in automated indexing quality
- Recommend changes to improvements to Medscape’s taxonomy
- Conduct periodic reviews of tagging quality – both precision and recall – by topic or specialty
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years of tagging or indexing experience in the medical domain
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and a self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Familiarity with standard medical vocabularies preferred – eg, ICD-9/10