Job ID 2020-2244
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Professional is seeking an energetic and experienced Product Manager to join our Product team! This position will work closely with stakeholders across the company to support the management of Medscape audience development & engagement initiatives focused around:
- Growing our membership-base and reducing barriers to entry/registration with a focus on recognizing and authenticating potentially known users that are accessing content anonymously across our growing (via M&A) network
- Working with editorial and marketing teams on initiatives to grow active monthly users and session frequency
- Fortifying the member profile to provide the best membership experience, as well as best meet marketing goals
- Validating global healthcare providers (predominantly physicians) as prescribers in their country of practice
The Product Manager is expected to perform all product management duties including competitive analysis, statistical analysis, test preparation & coordination, user experience/wireframing, roadmap management, ideation with stakeholders, requirements gathering, documentation, participate in prototyping, agile product ownership, and post-launch product evaluation and maintenance. Stakeholders and support teams include Sales, Product Marketing, Member Marketing, Editorial, and Business Intelligence. Frequent collaborators include Engineering, QA, Design, and other Product Managers.
The successful candidate must understand and be experienced in membership- and/or subscription-based websites, online promotion, and other audience development and recruitment tactics. Understanding KPIs and data, using data to influence decision making, and swaying others to support data-driven decisions is a must. A balance of business understanding and technical acumen is required to translate the business needs into a web platform and mobile app capability strategy that serves the present and anticipates the future to the greatest degree possible.
- Have a robust understanding of key audience/membership KPIs and trends
- Lead strategy on Medscape membership as a product
- Work iteratively with business stakeholders to develop a product vision and develop related documentation and prototypes, including wireframes
- Coordinate the planning of an audience development portfolio roadmap
- Collaborate with technology teams to execute on the portfolio roadmap
- Provide consultative services to business stakeholders needing capability advisement
- Convey requirements to implementation teams and ensure products meet business specifications
- Participate as a Product Owner in all agile development phases
- Set clear expectations with stakeholders and regularly communicate project status and timelines
- Be the expert on technical and industry trends and contribute forward-thinking solutions to meet business and operational objectives
- Provide support to Marketing and Sales teams for client-driven custom requirements
- 3+ years or more of work experience at a membership- and/or subscription-based website and/or app
- 3+ years of which should be in a product management or marketing role that worked very directly with development teams on defining scope & requirements
- 1+ year as an agile scrum Product Owner.
- Demonstrated success in online and/or mobile app software product management and development focused on audience development with a strong understanding of underlying server-side and client-side technologies
- Experience in gathering and documenting product requirements for development teams including business rationale, user needs and functional specifications
- Foundation of data-driven decision making and competitive research to make sure plans have solid foundations which are highly defensible
- Ability to visualize user experience and wireframe user interfaces for review with business owners
- Ability to ideate quick and efficient solutions to novel, client-driven business objectives
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile product best practices
- Experience with ad-driven and/or commercial web experiences
- Experience in modern software development methodologies (eg. Scrum/Agile, Lean, Kanban)
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of business and technical stakeholders and partners
- Experience within a digital marketing team with a focus on push marketing (email, app notifications, alerts, etc.)
- Experience with the pharmaceutical marketing industry, including agency work
- Experience with Customer Data Platforms and their application toward marketing goals