Sr Developer - Live Events - .NET/C#
Job ID 2021-2676
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position is remote as we are dealing with Covid, but will require full-time office presence once we return to the office.
As our Live Events Sr Developer, you’ll be working to provide technical direction for the implementation of our integrated Live Events platform. Our ideal candidate should be structured, detail-oriented, analytical, driven to get work done. This position requires you to maintain multiple tracks of work and communicate solutions to other members of the team both verbally and in written documentation.
- Work with business stakeholders to establish scope of work and technical requirements to support all operational aspects of live events.
- Provide detailed architecture diagrams detailing how various platforms and applications would be seamlessly integrated to meet business requirements.
- Provide implementation level of effort estimates, propose sound alternatives, and make build vs buy recommendations to management.
- A leader in full-stack development to develop and/or integrate with various platforms to deliver scalable and reliable solutions.
- Implement testing strategies (process, unit, stress, etc.) to validate adherence to specifications and ensure quality and functionality.
- Run point for all technology and integration efforts related to the Live Events business unit.
.NET / C#
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience in software engineering including analysis, architecture, design & development of complex applications involving multiple platforms and web applications.
- Expertise with Rest APIs to interact with other upstream/downstream systems.
- Strong knowledge the .Net framework including .Net Core
- Experience designing complex relational database schemas using Microsoft SQL Server
- Proven experience with project estimating, scope definition, resource allocation, and meeting project timelines.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to coordinate work across different functional teams.
- Experience working with agile processes.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Some experience with Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and a support technology such as Cucumber
- Experience with the SignalR framework
- Experience with some flavor of NoSQL