Job ID 2019-1400
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As a Database Administrator, you’ll work in a complex and dynamic environment, with a small but very capable team of seasoned database operations veterans, building and supporting platforms that deliver content and services for the Health Services division of WebMD.
What you’ll do at WebMD:
- Maintain a highly available database platform at the multi-terabyte scale
- Perform performance tuning and query optimization
- Analyze and author T-SQL code and schema
- Build and improve database operational automation
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues - database integrity, performance, resource contention, blocking and deadlock occurrences, replication, connectivity, security, etc.
- Provide and analyze data to support capacity planning and long-term trend analysis
- Expand your skills and be constantly challenged as a key part of a highly functional team
- Address production issues outside of working hours in 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math or related experience
- 6+ years of experience in production support of complex MS SQL Server environments
- Expert level troubleshooting and problem resolution with SQL Server 2008+
- Proficient in High Availability and BCP concepts, VLDBs, database design concepts and data maintenance
- Working knowledge of advanced SQL (CTE, windowing functions, etc.)
- Experience with one or more Windows scripting languages (PowerShell, VB Script)
- Experience documenting operational processes and procedures; creating KBs, run-books, topology diagrams, etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies in a fast paced environment
- Experience in Agile work environment (DevOps Experience a plus)
- Ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds
Relevant Technical Skills:
- Expert-level SQL Server knowledge; experience with PostgreSQL very desirable
- Experience building and supporting other RDBMs in a production environment
- Performance tuning and query optimization using DMVs, Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Expert-level knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database maintenance operations, maintenance commands, and data replication methods
- Proficiency authoring and analyzing T-SQL code and schema (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Experience with Windows Server, familiarity with Linux a plus
- Experience with developing and implementing alerting/monitoring methodologies
- Relevant industry certifications