Job ID 2021-3395
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
What you’ll do at WebMD:
- Design, build and support the application stack through the web client
- Maintain reliability, latency, and scalability for WebMD’s complex application infrastructure
- Address production issues outside of working hours in on-call capacity
- Automate workflows through tools and scripting
- Continuously identify areas of improvement and champion the efforts to implement change
- Implement application monitoring best practices using the latest tools
- Have fun working with a highly technical team
About you: (minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or a total of at least 2 years' experience in IT.
- 1+ years' experience supporting web-based applications for small to large scale and high-traffic websites.
- 2+ years' or more relevant experience working with UNIX/Linux or Windows and systems requiring languages like Ruby, Python, Go, Scala, Perl, Shell or Powershell.
- Experience troubleshooting and performance tuning of distributed systems and web applications.
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and load balancing concepts. Experience working with Load Balancers such as F5’s Big-IP or Citrix’s Netscaler.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Chef, Puppet, CF Engine, Ansible, Capistrano or Saltstack.
- Experience working with DevOps Open Source tools such as Elastic (ELK Stack), Hashicorp Tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault or Nomad), RabbitMQ, SOLR, Redis & Kafka.
- Fundamental understanding of CI/CD. Experience creating CI/CD pipelines with tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, CircleCI.
- Able to communicate high-level as well as detailed technical concepts and implementations with peers and colleagues.
- Experience coordinating and working with small technical teams
- Experience leading or mentoring junior team members
- Strong written and verbal English language skills