Intern - News
Job ID 2019-1212
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The News and Partnerships intern will provide support to the team’s initiatives and priorities. Support tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Write news briefs and stories, ensuring timeliness to meet fast moving deadlines
- Conduct research for potential news topics, stories and visual elements such as infographics
- Work with social media team to create news that is social-media friendly
- Reach out to external experts and organizations for partnership and collaboration opportunities
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad and returning for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Excellent communication, organization, collaboration and presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work 10-20 hours a week
- Experience with consumer health content preferred
- Excellent writing skills, with news and/or online writing background preferred
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and metadata
*No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position