Business Intelligence Associate Analyst
Job ID 2021-3654
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to play a role in re-inventing the reporting landscape at WebMD Health Services. As our data processing capabilities and integrations expand, our reporting and analytics must follow suit. This must be accomplished without interrupting service to our existing customer base or increasing our operational burden.
An ideal candidate for this position can jump into our ongoing projects and come up to speed quickly, exercising independent judgment to make the best use of their time.
This key role will work with our small business intelligence team to:
- Build reports for our customer base
- Investigate issues with existing reports
- Document solutions and practices
- Participate in the team’s agile process that drives work
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Strong experience writing SQL (MS SQL Server or Teradata)
- Experience with data visualization using tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
- Experience with ETL tools and techniques
- Experience with relational data modeling tools and concepts
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with individuals in different departments
- Time management skills
- 3+ years' report development experience
- 1+ years’ experience in data warehousing development
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Experience using development tools for Tableau (Desktop, Prep, Server) and/or MicroStrategy (Architect, Desktop, Web, Mobile, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Command Manager)
- Experience with interactive/dynamic report and dashboard development, and leveraging all visualization and functionality options available in Tableau and/or MicroStrategy
- Experience installing, upgrading, administering, maintaining and troubleshooting Tableau and/or MicroStrategy product suite software components to tune and optimize performance
- Exposure to data manipulation techniques with Python
- Working knowledge of tools like Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Exposure to compliance frameworks such as HIPAA, HITRUST or similar
- CI/CD experience such as the GitFlow pattern
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.