Director Medical Affairs Operations
Job ID 2021-2586
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Provide administrative leadership for the Content Engine group of the Medical Affairs Business Unit. This position will lead the editorial support services associated with the development of our activities and offerings. This position requires a scrappy-go getter who is able to anticipate the needs and be creative in closing the gap.
The Director, Medical Affairs (MA) Operations is responsible for the day-to-day management of the content engine to ensure medical affairs project deadlines are meet with the highest quality. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and process all documents (statements of work/contracts and service order requests) to fulfill staffing requests including freelance pool management
- Ensure external (eg, freelance/contractor) resources can function independently on tasks and provide ongoing, day-to-day project support (including providing access to necessary templates, data, and project-related materials)
- Collaborate with MA Leader of Medical, to ensure projects are managed to scientific and editorial specifications
- Provide training and retraining to freelance editors & graphic designers at initiation of services and as needed thereafter.
- Manage business unit budget and expenses including timely invoice processing and keeping freelance spend within specified budgets per quarter/year
- Report accurate projections of future spend and current monthly expenses related to freelancers to the MA Group Vice President (GVP) and Finance
- Oversee Account Managers to ensure MA projects are completed according to spec and within articulated deadlines
- Coordinate with non-MA Program Management and other teams in concert with Account Managers to ensure cross-team success
- Establish editorial standard bar for the business unit (AMA style, etc)
- Maintain a friendly and productive relationship through clear articulation and an effective communication style with internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously identify opportunities for process improvement
- Post covid travel 40-50%
- editorial coordinator
- 2x Account Managers
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor's degree , preferably in communications, English, project management, or Biology or physical sciences or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum10 years’ progressively responsible project/resource management in alignment with programs and editorial functions
- 2+ years’ experience managing internal/external resources/teams in vertical or personnel
- Experience working with and meeting the objectives of pharma/biotech commercial supporters/clients preferred
- Excellent computer skills that include working on shared networks and cloud-based systems
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with project management software preferred
- Proven team player able to collaborate with teams and work independently
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, listening) to react to and resolve issues, as well as identify opportunities to resolve issues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with the ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment, while taking into consideration stakeholders based across multiple time zones globally
- Attention to detail with high level of accuracy
- Ability and desire to meet deadlines and deliver exceptional results with minimum supervision by creatively using existing resources in a productive and/or innovative way, to quickly deal with unforeseen issues, and suggesting plausible solutions to ensure that timelines are consistently met
- Positive attitude/very high energy with a willingness to accept varied assignments