Web Application Developer
Job ID 2019-1742
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
WebMD has updated its entire technology stack and you will be working the latest and most cutting edge technology. We are seeking a motivated, talented and spirited Front End Developer to join our close-knit team of talented professionals dedicated to building and enhancing WebMD’s next generation product portfolio, to include WebMD’s enterprise web applications and WebMD Mobile. The ideal candidate has diverse experience engineering interactive, responsive, high-traffic web applications within an enterprise setting. We are seeking motivated engineers who are natural leaders to bring a fresh perspective and who thrive in collaborative team settings. This is a unique opportunity to impact and inspire ground-breaking product ideas with the latest in web technologies.
What You’ll Be Doing at WebMD
- Be part of a collaborative, friendly, and open environment with a team that offers high level exposure.
- Work with User Experience team to understand user needs.
- Frequently interact with a cross-functional team including product management, development, infrastructure, sales, and services
- Develop responsive, multi-screen enterprise web and mobile web applications and APIs using modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, VueJs, RequireJS)
- Project responsibilities include development, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance
- Actively participate in and contribute to global site architectural discussions and initiatives
- Actively contribute to and enforce best practices, group standards
- Mentor other developers, including peer reviewing code and pair programming (shadowing)
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of technologists interested in always finding the right tool for the job in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position (minimum qualifications)
- 3+ years of experience delivering large scale web applications
- Experience working with HTML5 APIs (Video/Audio, Local Storage, History, Canvas Animation)
- Experience with basic jQuery, including writing modules
- Experience developing Responsive, multiscreen (desktop/tablet/mobile) layouts with HTML5/CSS3/VueJS.
- Experience programming using RESTful APIs.
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- CommonJS/AMD modules with RequireJS or equivalent
- Agile development practices: Scrum, Kanban/Lean, test-driven development, continuous integration
- Version control software, preferably Git
- Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards
- Must provide code samples (examples: URLs with descriptions of which parts you developed, zip file, link to a github.com or equivalent profile)