Job ID 2021-2771
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is seeking a writer with experience in medical news. The candidate would report to the specialty news editor to produce timely, accurate, and balanced news coverage on a variety of topics. This individual will be responsible for producing an average of 3-5 news articles per week, collaborating with colleagues on other kinds of content, and other editorial duties as needed.
This position requires basic medical knowledge, solid medical writing experience, preferably in medical news; superior knowledge of how to write an accurate, timely, and balanced news story; excellent attention to detail; the ability to meet tight deadlines; and the ability to work with others in a virtual environment.
- The position requires a college degree, Journalism, Creative Writing or Clinical preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of medical news writing experience required, familiarity with multiple medical specialties preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Significant experience in medical news writing is a requirement, ideally for both medical professionals and patients
- Ability to discern hot clinical and policy issues, and demonstrated knowledge of how to cover clinical research that promotes timeliness, accuracy, and balance
- Familiarity and comfort with writing for online publication preferred