Job ID 2021-2771
Frontline Medical Communications, Inc., a division of Medscape, is one of the healthcare industry's largest medical communications companies and a leader in digital, print, and live events. The Company leads in HCP-level targeting and is ranked 1st in combined web and print engagements. With MDedge™, our state-of-the-art integrated web portal, and audited email database, FMC meets the marketing challenges of our clients with superior reach, optimal sponsorship opportunities, and flexible advertising programs. FMC delivers award-winning, indexed, clinical reviews; practice and policy information; and medical news daily from on-site reporting at major medical meetings, many in collaboration with notable societies, medical associations, and opinion leaders. FMC produces live events, digital click-for-credit, and CME in affiliation with Global Academy for Medical Education, LLC and Hemedicus.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is seeking a writer with experience in medical news. The candidate would report to the specialty news editor to produce timely, accurate, and balanced news coverage on a variety of topics. This individual will be responsible for producing an average of 3-5 news articles per week, collaborating with colleagues on other kinds of content, and other editorial duties as needed.
This position requires basic medical knowledge, solid medical writing experience, preferably in medical news; superior knowledge of how to write an accurate, timely, and balanced news story; excellent attention to detail; the ability to meet tight deadlines; and the ability to work with others in a virtual environment.
- The position requires a college degree, Journalism, Creative Writing or Clinical preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of medical news writing experience required, familiarity with multiple medical specialties preferred. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Significant experience in medical news writing is a requirement, ideally for both medical professionals and patients
- Ability to discern hot clinical and policy issues, and demonstrated knowledge of how to cover clinical research that promotes timeliness, accuracy, and balance
- Familiarity and comfort with writing for online publication preferred