Writer/Editor - Consumer Content
Job ID 2019-1223
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Title: Writer/Editor- Consumer Content
- The right person for this role will be able to write and edit high-quality, engaging, and medically-accurate content, ranging from tips and bite-size pieces to longer-form articles, as well as interactives, slideshows and quizzes.
- The writer/editor must be a creative storyteller and idea-generator, who can make sometimes dry or difficult topics interesting for a variety of audiences.
- Whether writing, editing, or optimizing existing content, the successful candidate will be able to juggle multiple projects and manage the editorial workflow from start to finish.
- This role must also collaborate with internal stakeholders, including medical reviewers, photo editors, content editors, and programmers.
- The person in this role must be comfortable working in a CMS.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while ensuring medical accuracy is a must.
- 4-year Bachelors degree preferred or will consider related experience.
- 5 years writing and editing for an online Health, Wellness, News and/or Lifestyle brand
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong familiarity with the web
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience creating interactive content and working in a CMS
- Excellent time management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences
- Skilled at brainstorming and collaborating with a creative team
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at once
- Possess a positive attitude under pressure and excellent interpersonal team skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as a cross-functional team member
*Please send resume along with 3 writing samples*