Health Educator I
Job ID 2019-1692
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, wellness and transparency services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
In following participant centered coaching methodologies, Health Educators provide telephonic health education/coaching and appropriate stage of change specific preventive interventions based upon information supplied by participants' completed health risk appraisal and the participant themselves.
Health Educators must demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of current health education practices, as well as the ability to counsel participants on a variety of health issues including, but not limited to, exercise, nutrition, weight loss, alcohol and tobacco cessation, obesity, stress management, diabetes management, blood pressure, cholesterol, and pre and postnatal care.
In this role you will:
- Provide telephonic health coaching based on participants' completed health risk appraisal and stage of change.
- Utilize participant – centered coaching methodologies and/or theories to improve healthy lifestyle behaviors, long term health outcomes and quality of life
- Give assessment of low, medium and high modifiable risk areas
- Assist participants' progress through long and short term goal setting, using a myriad of health suggestions and resources
- Participate in collective record keeping which allows for continuity to exist between multiple health coaching sessions
- Maintain specified health credentialing, including certification and ongoing continuing education
- Perform other, varied job-related duties as assigned.
This is a three to six month temporary assignment that may be temp to hire based on contractor performance and business need.
As a contractor of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong telephonic relationship building skills
- Must be able to work either; Mon-Fri 11:30a-8p or Tues-Fri 9:30a-8p
- Bachelor’s degree in a health-related discipline is preferred.
- 1-4 years of health and wellness experience is preferred.
- Candidates fluent in Spanish are encouraged to apply.