Senior Systems Administrator
Job ID 2019-1697
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services is looking for a motivated Sr. Systems Administrator who shares our passion for technology, innovation and reliability. You will be responsible for things such as designing, building and supporting the platforms that deliver content and services for the Health Services division of WebMD. If you have a home lab, or spend personal time looking at technology, you will be right at home. This position is part of WebMD Health Services Operations team supporting a highly transactional, geographically distributed, Internet facing infrastructure responsible for housing and delivering HIPAA data.
What you’ll do at WebMD:
- Work alongside software engineering teams in supporting the architecture and development of our next generation of infrastructure and applications.
- Be exposed to new technologies and products
- Monitor and support production systems.
- Automate system and infrastructure provisioning and configuration.
- Address production issues outside of working hours in an on-call capacity.
- Participate in a shared 24x7x365 on-call rotation.
- Enjoy being part of a highly functional team.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or Math, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated expert-level Windows/Linux System Administration experience supporting critical production infrastructure.
- Expert level proficiency in troubleshooting Operating Systems and Infrastructure
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and load balancing concepts.
- Core understanding of key security concepts and auditing requirements.
- Deep knowledge of Windows/Linux OS commands/utilities (process, network, file systems, job control, etc).
- Proficient in Virtualization and Cloud Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Proficient in High Availability and BCP concepts (Backup & Recovery, Server Clustering, Server Farms, Recovery Time/Point Objectives, etc.).
- Ability to write shell scripts (VB Script, PowerShell, bash, etc.).
- Ability to create and maintain technical and process documentation to ensure efficient and consistent deployment and support of systems.
- Ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with Cisco ACI, Fortigate and minimal network configuration.
- Experience supporting automation and infrastructure as code.
- Experience with supporting Audits for certifications such as HITRUST.
- Deep proficiency in supporting Active Directory/LDAP, IIS, NET.
- Understanding of database systems such as Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, or NoSQL.
- Storage Management experience with Dell/EMC MD, Data Domain and ScaleIO.
- Cloud based administration experience.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential information that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.