Video Post-Production Coordinator
Job ID 2019-1462
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Video Post-production Coordinator Job Description
The Video post-production coordinator is responsible for managing Medscape video and audio programs in post-production, overseeing projects until they post live on the site. During which they maintain the flow of information and good channels of communication between the video producers, video editors, coders, and the internal Medscape clients.
We are looking for someone who has an interest in video production, post production as well as publishing operations.
The Video Post-production must possess exceptional customer service and multi-task skills to manage the intake of project requests. The Post Program Manager assists the Sr. Post Production Manager in all areas and aspects of post-production as needed. This involves coordination and tracking of project tasks with the appropriate contact personnel participating in the project, both internally and externally to insure that the objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe.
- Must possess exceptional customer service skills to handle internal Medscape clients and communicate with the Video team.
- Manage of file-based (tapeless) workflows of Medscape audio/video productions.
- Interface with internal and client quality control departments to track and implement fixes and/or changes.
- Manages the day-to-day tasks of video editors and coders.
- Accountable for data entry of project information into Workfront, client supplied and in-house created assets to ensure all assets received are to spec.
- Where relevant to liaise with other members of Medscape Operations in order to resolve any queries or conflicts in order to achieve a balance between production requirements and service excellence.
- Opportunities to travel in the role.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 4 years managing and/or coordinating video post-production programs.
- Proven track record of problem solving skills.
- Excellent time-management skills, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to quickly identify issues and address them accordingly.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Must be able to manage high volume of requests that come in via email.
- Must be able to communicate to various teams regarding required deliverables.
- Commitment to service excellence.
- Must be familiar with nonlinear editing system processes.
- Experience with a program/project management system (such at Workfront, Jira, or similar).
Strong communication skills, Team work, Negotiation and conflict management, Adaptability