Activity Center Coordinator (Salt Lake City, UT)
Job ID 2020-2353
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This position will be located at the client site in Salt Lake City UT. The position is part time, 20 hour a week, working a maximum of four days per week
The Dedicated Well-being Activity Coordinator (WAC) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to manage the fitness center operations and ensure equipment and facility maintenance within the fitness facility. The WAC will raise awareness of the wellness program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, the WAC may be responsible for a variety of duties to ensure the smooth operation of the fitness facility, including but not limited to, coordination and oversight of participants at risk in conduct fitness assessments and review health histories, identify needs and provide individual exercise program consultations. The WAC will develop, implement and evaluate onsite fitness programs and ensure that promotion of the facility is coordinated with the client’s overall wellness program.
The WAC may plan/conduct an indicated number of fitness sessions per year and may focus part of his/her time on fitness program management. This schedule will also be planned, with the appropriate goals set, alongside the designated client, within the implementation stage of onboard.
The WAC is responsible for client satisfaction, retention and reference-ability. S/he will act as customer advocates, as well a point of contact with senior Customer stakeholders to increase participant engagement and maximize value delivered through the WebMD relationship. They can provide thought leadership and support program planning and impact assessment, as well as coordination and promotion of service.
WAC’s proactively identify opportunities for service delivery enhancement and improvement. As opportunities are identified, they will work with management team, Client Services staff, Account and Product Management to improve processes, and develop new solutions.
In this role you will:
- Provide services involved with the daily operations of the activity center.
- Staff the activity center and maintain the exercise equipment area.
- Perform initial and follow-up fitness assessments and individual exercise program consultations.
- Perform member orientations/exercise programming.
- Monitor follow-up of employees at risk in fitness as identified through fitness assessments and health histories.
- Lead multiple group exercise classes per week.
- Assist with development and implementation of activity-related programs (fitness challenges, exercise classes, special events, etc.).
- Handle member suggestions and concerns and ensure quality customer service.
- Promote activity center classes and assist with event promotions.
- Develop membership retention strategies.
- Develop and prepare promotional materials.
- Encourage employee participation in the program and motivate participants through enthusiastic and knowledgeable interactions.
- Assist in the production of aggregate reports
- Coordinate the flow of information and materials between WebMD and individual employer units located in the area
- Coordination of meetings and other communications (internal and external)
- Develop and maintain schedules necessary to support the successful execution of client fitness programs
- Ongoing program performance review and strategy support
- Support WebMD Health Services product and service line expansion
- Support process improvement and service model design efforts
- Other duties specific to the account as designed by the client or WebMD
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- BS/BA in a fitness related field
- 2 years worksite fitness center or similar client-facing experience required
- First Aid/CPR certification is required
- Group exercise and/or personal training certification required (from ACSM, AFAA, ACE or other accrediting organization)
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with multiple client stakeholders in a dynamic environment.
- Professional presence and technical credibility to interact with senior-level customer contacts.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as and strong relationship building skills are required
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.