Sr Data Analyst
Job ID 2020-2292
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Responsibilities: Internet Brands/Medscape is currently seeking a Data Analyst responsible for understanding data process flow and reporting requirements. This role will vet requirements; identify data handoffs; understand transformations and pinpoint potential for data loss or corruption. With this understanding the role will develop reporting tools across multiple platforms to follow the data, identify anomalies and provide analysis, recommendations and remediation steps. The role requires a full technical knowledge of all phases of the marketing pipeline and being able access the data across multiple database and data stores. This role will play an active role in quality assurance reviews, working with QA Teams and other business verticals to resolve issues.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, statistics or a related discipline, or 4 years of experience in data analysis.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- 4 years working knowledge of at least one of Oracle RDBMS, SQL Server, Vertica.
- 2 years working knowledge of NoSQL data bases such as Mongo.
- Advanced SQL skills - must be able to write complex SQL with multiple table joins against very large data sets
- Experience with database discovery tools, such as Toad or DbVisualizer
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to create intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Experience working through problems, identifying root causes and providing solutions
- Strong practical experience with Excel. Proficient in advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite