Job ID 2022-4074
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
About Medscape- Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
Are you passionate about preparing current medical content for a demanding audience in the healthcare sector and bringing it to the point in a compact way? You follow medical research and can communicate with KOLs at eye level? Then we offer you, with the largest German-speaking physician community of the Medscape network and an experienced editorial team, the opportunity to turn your expertise, your network and your joy of copywriting into innovative journalistic contributions and successful content formats.
- You create high-quality medical content (text, video, audio, surveys).
- You will be responsible for News, Conference-Reports, Interviews, Commentaries, Surveys and Video- Blogs that present the current state of medical research.
- You prepare content for our online channels with content management systems (website, email newsletter, social media) in a performance-oriented manner. Clinical editing of all content, coordination with production. Preparation and editing of outbound email newsletters.
- You create topic and editorial plans as a member of our agile editorial team and document the published content.
- You attend and screen medical congresses for relevant topics and KOLs, report on-site or remote and keep yourself informed about medical developments.
- You like to be part of a global team of editors and have a high interest in sharing and creating content of international interest.
- A degree in medicine or natural sciences
- Extensive experience as a science or medical journalist in preparing scientific content for medical fields and doctors
- Ideally an own network of experts that can be referred to for interview requests
- Relevant editorial experience in the print or online sector
- Excellent written and spoken German and a very good understanding of journalistic writing and the editing process
- Business fluent in English, good knowledge of one or two other European languages an advantage
- Passion for web and performance optimized copywriting, a sense for newsworthy stories and good headlines
- Confident manner in dealing with freelancers, medical experts, editorial cooperation partners as well as internal stakeholders
- Interest in working in an agile environment and in cross-functional teams via several software platforms
- A very independent, structured and careful way of working and a flair for development potentials