Job ID 2022-4560
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape is looking for an experienced Account Manager who will be responsible for the overall client satisfaction, strategy, and programme delivery for assigned Medscape Medical Affairs accounts. The Account Manager is the primary relationship owner and serves as the project manager for all deliverables. The Account Manager is responsible for defining client performance marketing strategies, evaluating the effectiveness of client programmes, and recommending improvements or additional services as appropriate. This position can be based in the United Kingdom, France, Belgium or the Netherlands.
The candidate will be expected to manage and execute a range of projects across multiple departments in support of our Medical Affairs business. The applicant should be a highly organized individual with strong account leadership and customer relationship management expertise, detailed and clear communication skills, and a proven ability to prioritize and excel in a deadline-driven environment, with a particular focus on efficient project and timeline execution.
- Member of a broader account team supporting project execution across a range of clients, which can include project kick-off, development and updates, metric reports
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with various internal stakeholders (ie. Marketing, Product Development, Audience Generation, Content Development, Outcomes and Insights) that will assist in smooth and on-time project execution and impact future business by communicating client needs and expectations
- Manage timelines for digital programs for efficient and on time delivery
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of business relationships with current and prospective pharmaceutical, medical device and other supporters in conjunction with sales colleagues as appropriate, including the ability to translate supporter priorities and expectations clearly across internal development teams
- Staying abreast of overall project implementation across all external and internal development teams including use of an electronic task management system
- Able to implement processes and procedures; managing the project scope and timeline
- Working with other departments to streamline processes to allow for efficient timelines; Communicating client needs and expectations clearly across development teams
- Able to effectively trouble shoot and find solutions to meet client’s and internal stakeholders’ expectations
- Time permitting, staying abreast of supporter news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through ongoing research and engagement at industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources.
- Set client programme objectives and project timelines as part of start-up process
- Implement programmes to meet client objectives
- Deliver and discuss reporting when part of the engagement
- Bachelors’ Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with a combination of digital, agency and healthcare experience. Minimum of 3 years of experience which can be a combination of account management and/or project management
- Ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines
- Work in a cohesive team environment as well as independently
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, with a willingness to accept varied assignments
- Extreme focus on accuracy, attention to detail and consistency of work
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or experience in medical publishing, or Agency environment, or relevant digital technologies
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as Google and Sharepoint Online)
- Excellent organization and documentation skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, task management systems like Workfront, Salesforce and the ability to master internal systems such as JIRA, training tools such as Brainshark and Accent Librarian)
- Travel, up to 30%