Client Services Director
Job ID 2022-4474
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
Medscape is looking for a Client Services Director who will be responsible for the overall client satisfaction, strategy, and managing a programme delivery team for Medscape Medical Affairs accounts. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Senior Account Director looking for their next challenge as a Client Services Director. This role would suit someone who excels operationally, enjoys growing and coaching a team and is happy to focus on delivering excellent scientific programmes.
Medscape Medical Affairs is a new division of Medscape focused on delivering medical education and medical communication solutions outside of CME accreditation. As a new and developing division, the suitable candidate must embrace and contribute to an exciting culture of business growth and development. This is a unique opportunity to become part of a start-up environment within an industry-leading global organisation.
- Working closely with the senior leadership, account managers and programme management team to develop and implement the overall account strategy
- Developing long-term client relationships through demonstrating an understanding of their business needs and how to address them, ensuring clients view Medscape Medical Affairs as a valued strategic partner
- Building client trust through the timely delivery of consistently excellent and innovative programmes
- Demonstrating knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the wider medical communications sector to enable the development of insightful solutions to address client needs and requests, which add value beyond the client ‘ask’
- Driving and supporting continuous improvement in operational excellence and account efficiency
- Leading the drive for innovative thinking across your account team, ensuring close collaboration with creative and digital engagement team members
- Managing accounts, supporting project execution across a range of clients, which can include project kick-off, development and updates, metric reports
- Assigning account managers and setting up project timelines
- Providing strategic and tactical input into client and new business proposals, in support of the business development team
- Ensuring the continuing professional development of team members through your line management, coaching, and demonstrating a drive for continuous improvement to enable individuals to reach their full potential
- Supporting and participating in internal training and personal development initiatives
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Experience as a Client Services Director or at least 5 years of Senior Account Director level experience with a solid background in medical education and medical communications agency employment
The Successful Candidate will:
- Be motivated by the opportunity to be one of the pioneering senior team members for Medscape Medical Affairs
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership, and coaching skills with experience of growing a team both in terms of scale and ability
- Understand how to navigate a matrix organisation and work well with all stakeholders
- Efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a highly deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrate very strong customer service orientation
- Possess excellent time management, organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
- Work in a cohesive team environment as well as independently
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude, with a willingness to accept varied assignments
- Have experience with Medical, Legal and Regulatory (MLR) review process, project management software, and web-based document sharing sites (such as Google and Sharepoint Online)