Intern - Video
Job ID 2019-1214
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD’s summer video intern will work with our team (producers, editors, cameraman, and production assistants) to assist in all aspects of video production: from concept to publishing. This person will gain hands-on knowledge of video production in a corporate environment, and an understanding the role video plays in the distribution and consumption of health-related information.
Enhance the video production team’s ability to produce assets through numerous means of support and assistance.
- Assist DP with shoots in and outside the studio. Help set up shots, assist with gear
- Help with the logging and uploading of internally-shot footage
- Support the logging and filing of other b-roll and stock imagery
- Conceptualize and pitch new ideas for video
- Assist in story research
- Help editors with the processing of video and selection of B-roll.
• Minimum 3.2 GPA
• Enrolled in Undergrad and returning for the Fall 2019 semester.
- Interest in medical information and video production
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to manage several assignments simultaneously while ensuring deadlines and quality of the content is met
- Willingness to learn
- Adaptability, ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- Self-directed independence
Film and Video Production, Cinematography, Journalism
*No relocation/housing assistance is available for this position