Director, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2019-1235
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
- Sell current and new ad products and strategic initiatives
- Develop the strategies needed to help clients make informed decisions through a consultative sales approach
- Utilize Forecasting and business analytical skills to take advantage of opportunities and to expand relationships
- Build relationships with agency and brand decision makers alike
- Develop and pitch client proposals and opportunities
- Work closely with internal teams to identify key strategies to maximize impact of clients’ campaigns on the WebMD Health Network
- Work closely with Sales Planning group to ensure advertising campaigns performance metrics
- Meeting quarterly and annual sales goals and change sales into revenue
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 to 10 years advertising sales experience
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Excels in an entrepreneurial sales environment with only moderate supervision. Can handle the complexities of managing a West Coast territory with East Coast support teams.
- Effectively blends the need to be a brand champion, a data expert, and a client consultant in order to maximize territory sales
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys working on a team
- 5+ years of Internet sales preferred
- Relevant vertical marketplace experience a plus
- Agency experience in both the planning and buying of traditional and interactive media a plus