Associate Project Manager, Marketing Operations
Job ID 2021-3334
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits, and communicate with peers.
The Compliance Operations Team is a Center of Excellence for Medical Legal Review (MLR) strategy and submissions at Medscape. The Associate Compliance Operations manager is responsible for managing the full scope of the submission cycle for the clients they support, including resource planning, project maintenance, and scheduling for resources that includes full-time and freelance staff. This person is responsible managing each project with a focus on quality execution and client requirements. This role is responsible for partnering with the Account Team and other internal partners to ensure that projects are being run efficiently, and that submissions are being executed in a strategic, consistent and thoughtful manner. The ideal candidate has a comprehensive understanding of MLR and submission processes, has experience with project workflow/management, and experience working in pharmaceutical/healthcare marketing.
- Responsible for managing Med Legal Review (MLR) submissions for a variety of Pharma Brand companies, including submitting in MLR Systems (Zinc, Veeva Vault, etc)
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of pharmaceutical company requirements, including but not limited to system and regulatory guidance and annotation guidelines
- Partner with team leads to provide consultation to Account Managers on all MLR submission formats, with an eye on keeping programs aligned with Medscape Submissions Best Practices
- Participate in monthly State Of The State touch base meetings with business partners to review challenges and wins, and identify partnership opportunities
- Oversee workload of freelance Resource Team
- Monitor day-to-day project tasks, identifying potential areas for delay and actively work with to identify and troubleshoot issues
- Escalates day-to-day task-related issues, acceleration, and prioritization requests to the Associate Director
- Champion internal systems (i.e. Workfront) and processes for higher productivity
- Develop and maintain constant knowledge of Medscape Product offering and process as it relates to submissions and Pharma regulatory requirements
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- BA/BS or equivalent years of experience
- The appropriate candidate will have 2+ years in project management or operations, and experience working in a high-volume, process-oriented environment with a focus on online content development preferred.
- 2+ years relevant experience working in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare marketing, including direct experience working within pharmaceutical company requirements preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines, working collaboratively with colleagues in Editorial, Content Management, Project Management and Account Management.
- Strong problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills, and ability to troubleshoot issues independently before raising a flag to the other teams.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability handle multiple tasks/responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Experience using online workflow management tools (i.e Workfront)