Job ID 2019-1789
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Practice Advancement Associates (PAA), a division of the Jobson Optical Group, provides strategic planning and multi-platform communications programs for optical manufacturers, retailers, vendors, ECPs, optometric associations and alliances. Specifically, PAA conceptualizes, creates and manages business education programs, custom print publications, and digital programs geared to helping optometrists and retailers manage the business aspects of their practice with proficiency and success. PAA produces Review of Optometric Business (ROB) and Review of Myopia Management (RMM), both are online journals with weekly content renewal, as well as ancillary projects, microsites and sponsored events under the individual titles. In addition, PAA produces a host of custom publications/websites, chief among them Women in Optometry, which has matured as a title to support professional meetings and reports.
The Content Director of ROB is responsible for conceptualizing and overseeing the creation of content for ROB. This includes overseeing text and digital (e.g. video) content. Duties also include sales presentations with the Publisher (VP of Business Development) to optical manufacturers and professional associations that sponsor publications, reports, videos and events. The CD also develops content for live meetings, including writing and editing content and hiring and managing presenters. The CD often hosts live programs and presents reports and discussions to industry groups. The CD manages the Managing Editor and the ROB Professional Editor. In addition, the CD develops and manages outside creative consultants in graphic design, photography and videography.
- Oversee content creation for Review of Optometric Business (ROB, special reports, events and digital content.
- Strategize marketing and communications programs with leading optical manufacturers, retailers, ECPs, associations and alliances.
- Contribute to sponsor proposals and participate in sales presentations for sponsors and specials projects and events
- Coordinate content and efficiency synergies with other Jobson publications
- Conceptualize, script and produce videos for ROB specially sponsored events and projects.
- Write and copyedit articles and video content for ROB including the website, all social media, newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements
- Issue assignments for ROB, ancillary projects such as newsletters, copy tracking; while working with the Project Operations Manager.
- Review and annotate data provided by Jobson Research and developing stories and commentary from that data.
- Work with clients, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publication or postings
- Lead the advancement of social media presence/activities
- Develop industry contacts
- Attend trade shows/conferences as needed
- Special projects as needed and/or assigned
- Hire, train and develop staff members
- Provide coaching, feedback and mentoring to staff
- Proactively address employee performance issues and complete performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Minimum of 7-10 years writing/editing experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details, and be internet savvy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking.
- PhotoShop skills a plus but not required
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Travel required; to industry trade shows, events, conferences, OD-office visits