Associate Program Manager
Job ID 2020-2544
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
When you think about your strengths, do these characteristics describe you? Are you great with people? You love nailing down details and over planning, are a master communicator and a natural coach or leader? If so, we want you on our team! Medscape Education is seeking a motivated, adaptable, team-oriented Associate Program Manager to support our medical writing and content development departments. By joining Medscape Education, the leading provider of online medical education for clinicians (medscape.org), you will lead teams to excel in your project’s specific goals. You will work with other talented team members across multiple departments, including external partners and freelancers and expert faculty, to create print or digital educational materials. If you are looking for a career that provides you to opportunity to combine your natural organizational skills, ability to think on your feet to solve problems, and love of processes with your communication and leadership skills, this position will provide the foundation for future growth in our organization while contributing to initiatives that truly make an impact on physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers and, thus, the lives of those around you.
What you’ll do
- Manage both short- (1 week) and long-term (several months) projects involving multiple team members representing different departments based across multiple time zones globally
- Use our web-based project management tool to ensure development processes are followed and projects are on time and within budget and specification
- Schedule and lead project initiation, planning and status meetings and send ongoing communications to the project team and outside partners related to program goals and status
- Communicate potential project delays and accelerations and work with Team Lead to overcome issues
- Track project-related expenses and support invoice payment processing
- Serve as point of contact for external freelancers/partners to obtain materials necessary to perform their project-related tasks
- Work with team members and expert faculty to schedule and execute both virtual and in-person program recordings, as appropriate
Who YOU ARE
- A person who obtains satisfaction in the on-time, on-budget, within scope, delivery of projects, from initiation through completion
- Someone who excels at developing and fostering positive team dynamics
- A true team player who jumps in and tackles new assignments and constantly looks for ways to improve processes
- Smart communicator and good negotiator
- Comfortable in a highly deadline-driven environment, and able to pivot quickly between tasks and adapt to rapidly shifting priorities
- Enjoys leveraging technology to make your job easier
- Have the ability to travel for project assignments, as needed.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent years of experience; PMI certification a plus
- Minimum of two years’ project and process management experience required
- Experience within the publishing, internet technologies, healthcare or medical education environment (specifically with continuing medical education materials) preferred
- High professionalism, ability to work independently, and easy rapport in building collaborative work relationships
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills and possess an eye for details
- Ability to provide creative solutions independently or within a team dynamic as issues arise
- Excellent verbal communication, writing, and grammar skills
- Experience communicating with clients, partners, or healthcare providers preferred
- Above average ability to use Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with web-based document sharing sites (such as SharePoint) and web-based project management tools (such as Workfront or SmartSheet) required