Job ID 2022-4360
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
As an Application Architect, you will play an important leadership role in the design and evaluation of software projects. Reporting to the head of software engineering, you'll be a primary software leader for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll be helping lead important efforts on our core content platform, including designing search capabilities, our approach to metadata, and strategies for getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
You will collaborate with product, design, technology, and data science colleagues to create new applications and improve existing applications, develop product prototypes, and create technical documentation relating to application development. You will evaluate application technologies and make recommendations for best practices based on the situation, team, and product needs. You will mentor and train other team members in areas of software development. You will balance and teach others on the needs of code maintainability, performance, and functionality. You will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Design solutions that add value and efficiency across systems.
- Evaluate and undertake impact evaluation on major design options and assess associated risks.
- Define, maintain, and manage architecture models, frameworks and artifacts (e.g. current and future state application architecture diagrams, data models, etc.).
- Collaborate with the Staff Architect and Technology and Product leaders in aligning our technology plans with our business strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with the Staff Architect, other Application Architects, Engineering Leads, Engineers, and QA Automation Engineers in finding optimal solutions for product goals, and aligning system/architecture roadmaps to product roadmaps.
- Provide a clear picture to software engineering teams as to how to approach implementation of solutions.
- Help business and technology leadership understand available tradeoffs inherent in available technology choices.
- Support development of cross-functional business processes; identify alternative solutions, assess feasibility, and recommend new approaches via technology enablement.
- Code the most difficult tasks.
Qualities and experience you will have:
- Think of yourself as a "UX designer for software engineers" - you think not only of how to solve problems, but how to make implementing the solution easy for others.
- Maintain high standards, while being realistic about what is possible.
- Experience in product development in an enterprise setting, leveraging modern technology stacks.
- Experience in integration approaches, such as microservices, messaging, queuing, API patterns, etc.
- Experience in running / managing an enterprise development work stream involving several systems and teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in interacting at multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Experience with .Net Framework, .Net Core, RESTFul API's, SQL, and a front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer related subject area or related business field and eight (8) or more year’s experience in Information Technology and solution delivery, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar fields is required. Experience working with SAAS based solution delivery organization (preferred).