Job ID 2022-4359
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD is searching for a Backend Tech Lead for a team that maintains the backend for high traffic consumer-facing sites that help consumers to find Health Care Professionals, Practices, and Hospitals. The ideal candidate has diverse experience engineering backend applications within an enterprise setting. We are seeking motivated engineers who are natural leaders to bring a fresh perspective and who thrive in collaborative team settings.
What You Will Be Doing at WebMD
- Lead a globally distributed team of 5 - 8 developers by mentoring, guiding, reviewing their work, and collaborating with them.
- Provide technical guidance and solutions on how products and features are built.
- Develop backend applications using technologies such as C#, SQL server, CI/CD.
- Project responsibilities beyond development and solutioning will include testing, generating documentation, and maintenance.
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional team members such as product and project management, other tech teams, business stakeholders, and other departments.
- Champion development and technical best practices, and exhibit thoughtful and sound judgment.
- Proactively keep up-to-date on industry trends and emerging technologies; drive adoption of new technologies and best practices.
What's In It For You
Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of developers, QA, and technologists interested in always finding the right tool/way/solution for the job in a team culture that encourages innovation, participation, and collaboration. If you're ready to take on some new technical challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position: (minimum qualifications) :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering medium to large scale web applications
- 5+ years of development experience with the following technologies: C#, SQL Server. VueJS is an added bonus.
- Strong knowledge of software development, debugging and deployment tools
- Creation of technical models and documentation
- Must be a team player (team oriented) and willing to follow directions, as well as take initiative
- Strong understanding of Agile development practices: Scrum, test-driven development, continuous integration
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates command over version control software, preferably Git
- Willingness to learn and adapt to multiple technologies
... and if you have the following, even better! (preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Apache SOLR or ElasticSearch
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with NodeJS
- Code samples (examples: URLs with descriptions of which parts you developed, zip file, link to a github.com or equivalent profile)