JHI Editor, Associate
Job ID 2022-4208
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Practice Advancement Associates, a division of JHI's Professional Publications Group, creates and manages business education programs, custom print publications, and digital programs to help independent optometrists with all aspects of practice management.
The Associate Editor is responsible for writing compelling copy, editing manuscripts on a wide array of practice management and business topics and consistently finding creative new ways to connect with readers, in print and online.
- Write and copyedit articles for the various PAA publications including the Womeninoptometry.com website, all social media, newsletters, magazines and special editorial supplements
- Act as Project Manager; manage schedules and content development for regular newsletters, copy tracking
- Interview, report, gather, proofread content and post to website and/or preparation for printer or online distribution
- Manage website content for internal and client websites
- WordPress familiarity for posting content, editing photography for website and preparing eblasts
- Edit video for websites, infrequently
- Work with clients, sales and production/design to meet all deadlines as required for publication or postings
- Special projects as needed and/or assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree or higher
- Minimum of 1 year in editorial capacity
- Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Strong command of English grammar and usage
- Possess a meticulous eye for details and be internet savvy
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint), CMS systems and skills on a variety of computer and mobile devices for use on social networking; willingness to learn unfamiliar programs
- Must have the ability to work independently, have a strong sense of responsibility, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Limited travel required