Associate Software Developer
Job ID 2020-2236
Krames, a division of WebMD, provides patient education and marketing solutions for more than 1,500 health systems and hospitals, and eight of the 10 largest health payers in the United States.
Krames has been a trusted source for engaging, medically-reviewed patient education and outreach tools across the health care ecosystem for more than 40 years. Our technology-enabled solutions including Krames On FHIR®, Krames On-Demand®, the StayWell Consumer Health Library, and high-touch custom marketing solutions reach more than 11 million patients each year.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will play an important role in the success of our development teams. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you'll be part of an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, talented team, you'll help code important efforts on our core platforms, including extending our EHR integration capabilities, and getting the right content to the right users at the right time.
You will collaborate with product, design, technology, and data science colleagues to create new applications and improve existing applications. You will participate in developing product prototypes, and creating technical documentation relating to application development. You will be a sponge, soaking up the experience and knowledge of more experienced members of your team, and applying that to the foundations of code maintainability, performance, and functionality. You will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop solutions that add value and efficiency across systems with minimal technical debt.
- Collaborate closely with fellow developers, architects, product owners, and other stakeholders in crafting optimal solutions to product goals.
- Deliver code with a Test First mentality and a heavy focus on quality at the code level.
- Stay informed on technology trends and product roadmaps.
- Work with other Engineers to ensure best-practices, cross-team collaboration, and continuity of process.
- Help foster a culture of collaboration with engineering teams in Asia, Latin America, and around the United States.
Experience you will have:
- 1-2 years of software development experience in a business environment
- .NET Core
Bonus points for …
- Unit Testing
- RESTful web services
- Front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer Science or related subject area