Sr. Manager, Application Development - 100% remote
Job ID 2021-3394
Krames, a WebMD Company, helps you support those you care for from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient engagement for health improvement. And intelligent solutions like Krames On FHIR® integrated seamlessly into the EHR deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.s yo.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Krames Sr. Development Manager
As a Senior Development Manager, you will play an important leadership role in the success of our Development Teams. Reporting to the Senior Director of Software Engineering, you'll be a primary software leader for an organization that's been delivering life-saving educational materials to patients both before and after clinical and hospital visits. As part of a friendly, collaborative, and talented leadership team, you'll be helping lead important efforts across our core systems and industry leading products.
You will collaborate across Technology and Product leadership teams. You will establish strong relationships with other Managers who support Krames’ development initiatives, such as WebOps and SysOps. You will manage your people with compassion and a zeal for optimal performance. You will mentor and train team members in areas of software development. You will balance and teach others on the needs of code maintainability, performance, and interoperability. Your teams will contribute to our codebase with enthusiasm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with the Technology and Product leaders in aligning technology plans with business strategy and priorities.
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Engineering Leads, Engineers, and QA Automation Engineers in finding optimal solutions for products and help align system/architecture roadmaps to product roadmaps.
- Provide Development Teams a clear picture for implementing solutions.
- Be responsible for all aspects of your teams’ SDLC.
- Lead Agile development processes for your teams in developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining solutions.
- Oversee coding processes and standards to produce quality, clean, efficient code with an eye toward maintainability, interoperability, and performance.
- Manage developers and passionately coach and mentor team members.
- Ensure standards of quality are met, provide critical feedback, build positive team dynamics, and execute against best practices.
- Although not a direct coding position, you will work on POC’s and help troubleshoot issues.
Qualities and experience you will have:
- Possess excellent management and people skills.
- Managing people for minimum of 2 years.
- Maintain high standards, while being realistic about what is possible.
- Experience in product development in an enterprise setting, leveraging modern technology stacks.
- Experience in integration approaches, such as microservices, messaging, queuing, API patterns, etc.
- Experience in running / managing an enterprise development work stream involving several systems and teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Experience in interacting at multiple levels of an organization.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Must have experience with .Net Framework, .Net Core, RESTFul API's, SQL, and a front-end framework such as React, Angular, or Vue.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Computer related subject area or related business field and seven (7) or more years’ experience in Information Technology and solution delivery, or equivalent combination of education and experience in similar fields is required. Experience working with SAAS based solution delivery organization (preferred).