Program Coordinator I
Job ID 2022-4531
WebMD Health Services is part of the WebMD family. We have been designing well-being programs for employers and health plans for over 20 years. Our mission is to empower organizations and their populations to improve well-being through personalized, strategic partnerships.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD Health Services (WHS) is a division of WebMD whose mission is to provide expert guidance that inspires people to take charge of their health. We do this by helping people understand their health risks, make smart health care decisions, and take active steps toward living healthier lives. Our health, wellness and transparency services power programs from employers, health plans and government organizations are delivered online, onsite, and telephonically. Learn more at webmdhealthservices.com.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
The Dedicated Well-being Program Coordinator I (PC I) will work collaboratively with the designated client’s health promotion team to provide face-to-face health coaching with eligible participants as well as help to raise awareness of the onsite program and the WebMD products and services that enable it.
Located at the site of the designated client, the PC I will be responsible for face-to-face coaching sessions with a determined number of eligible participants and help to create a culture of well-being at the worksite level.
In this role you will:
- Create a culture of well-being at the worksite level
- Increase awareness and engagement in the client-wide well-being programs
- Provide customized support to designated locations/business units
- Promote well-being through meaningful interactions with employees
- Assist with day-to-day delivery of established programs with direction from client and WebMD Account Team
- Assist with program promotion, including development and/or distribution of promotional materials
- May include onsite 1:1 or group coaching
- Coordinate logistics and implement client-wide challenges, screenings, promotions, programs, events, etc.
- Encourage and support well-being policies at the client worksites (e.g., smoking, cafeteria, vending machines)
- Develop and facilitate educational programs (i.e., courses, workshops, special events, and interactive booths)
- Collaborate with client’s HR/Benefit teams, and other departments as applicable
- Develop and maintain files of community resources and health content for augmenting program delivery when necessary
- Create and execute annual project plans, including development of delivery/implementation plan, action plans and tracking key project milestones for assigned sites
- Document all key decisions from meetings and client conversations
- Track and report on all participant-facing activities (e.g., coaching interactions, presentations, tabling events, challenges, etc.)
- Monitor expenditures to assure spending remains within client's specified guidelines
- Regular utilization of WebMD management information systems to track and evaluate program
- Participate in both internal WebMD and client meetings
- Other duties specific to account as assigned by client or WebMD (e.g., conduct biometric screenings or other in person health assessments, support fitness center, etc.)
As a member of WebMD Health Services, you may have access to confidential and sensitive information (including Protected Health Information) that will require you to follow additional protocols to ensure the security of our data. As a core requirement, you must implement and act in accordance with the organization’s information security policies; protect assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference; execute security processes or activities; and report security events or potential events or other security risks to the appropriate parties within the organization.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Available to travel, as needed
- 1 year Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience required
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree required in a health-related field
- Excellent communication/people skills, including proven ability to adapt to individual communication styles
- Project management and planning skills
- Experience delivering presentations to small and large groups
- Project management and planning skills
- Organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Independent problem solving and decision making ability
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for interacting with participants
- Experience and comfort using Microsoft Office products
- MPH differentiator
- Certified Wellness Practitioner, CHES, Wellcoach certification preferred
- 2 years Wellness Coordinator/Health Coaching or similar health and wellness client-facing experience preferred