Full Stack Developer
Job ID 2018-13849
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
WebMD is searching for a Full Stack Developer. This person will collaborate with a full team of technology professionals to take projects from design specs to fully functional product. They will work on dynamic and engaging new initiatives, and enhance the design and functionality of existing code, all while ensuring cross-browser and device compatibility.
This role will focus on 70% frontend and 30% backend. Helping with debugging and moving to post press; supporting search & intermedate and singlepage applications.
- Create project ready, semantic HTML and CSS that degrades gracefully on older browsers
- Engage in the full lifecycle of a project beyond development including unit tests, documentation, deployment and maintenance.
- Develop innovative new web applications and take charge of existing products by enhancing their design and functionality
- Work cross-functionally with an agile team including Product, UX/Design, Project Managers, Backend Developers and QA. Offer input on technical design, UI and product features.
- Work across technical areas and with other development teams
- Evaluate best practices for development and actively participate in testing automation, code design and front-end architecture.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technology, or a total of at least 7 years’ experience in IT and Development
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role
- Strong knowledge with core Java and J2E
- Proficiency in creating web pages using jQuery, HTML5 and CSS3
- Demonstrated ability to create responsive, mobile-first layouts
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile development
- Advanced working knowledge of AJAX techniques, JSON, and XML data formats
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical problems logically and systematically
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with tight deadlines
- Advanced time management and estimation skills with the ability to work multiple projects in various stages of SDLC
- Effectively work independently and as a team member
- Must be analytical, creative, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Tomcak knowledge
- Experience with version control software, Git preferably
- Experience developing microservice-based architecture
- Familiar with unit testing frameworks like Mocha or Jasmine