Managing Director – Health Plan Market
Job ID 2021-3404
WebMD's Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
We are looking for a dynamic and tenacious Managing Director – Health Plan Market, with a focus on National, Blues and Regionals. In this role, you will generate new leads, qualify opportunities and lead resources in the pursuit of new business opportunities as an individual contributor.
This position facilitates key business and customer relationship, manages and negotiates potential business opportunities leading to achieving sales plan goals. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of sales pursuits for new revenue opportunities and driving incremental revenue for the organization.
- Generate new leads, qualify opportunities, and capture new business via closed contracts.
- Consultatively identify and confirm the issues that clients are facing and construct a unique, compelling value proposition that is ROI/performance-based for each client that provides solutions and is based upon WebMD's unique competitive advantages and core competencies.
- Establish and maintain contacts at the highest level of decision-making authority within prospective and existing accounts.
- Deliver competitive market intelligence to product management and marketing.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree and ten (10) or more years related experience and/or training are required for this position. These requirements may be substituted by or with an equivalent combination of education and experience where applicable.
- Experience in selling products or services in the health plan, healthcare and well-being industry.
- Experience selling to Health Plan clients including Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid, and related consulting firms.
- Ideal candidate will possess health plan knowledge, multi-stakeholder relationships, and executive-level client contacts.
- Must have proven track record as a top sales producer (consistently exceeds targets) and developing new business relationships with client executives and consultants.
- Experience achieving annual sales quota of $1M+.
- Sales training or proven self-taught experience with solution, consultative, strategic and/or conceptual selling.
- Highly developed organizational, planning and management writing skills and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Ability to travel 40% for client meetings and organizational development.