Job ID 2023-4759
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Editorial Director/Producer is a key position in the organization that directs and oversees production of video ReCAP programs featuring medical experts for both US and OUS physician audiences. This person ensures timely publication of engaging content at the cutting edge of medical science, providing appropriate messaging for an audience of healthcare professionals across various specialties and building on our leadership position in health and medical information worldwide.
Candidates must possess exceptional communication, operational, and organizational skills, including the ability to balance competing priorities while meeting business goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Interviewing experts to define topic of ReCAP across wide range of medical specialties
- Writing draft scripts for ReCAP programs
- Finalizing scripts with ReCAP experts
- Directing shoots for ReCAP programs
- Overseeing post-production of ReCAP programs
- Writing content for ReCAP landing page
- Researching topics across a range of medical specialties for MedscapeTV series
- Outlining content to be covered in each episode of the series and composing interview questions that will capture that content
- Writing content for landing page of each assigned MedscapeTV series
- Interviewing all primary and secondary KOLs, additional clinicians, and patients necessary for all episodes in a series
- Writing scripts from transcripts of all interviews
- Supervising the post-production process from interview assembly to approved final cut
Appropriate Work Experience:
- 5 years’ experience in medical digital publishing (text and video content)
- Highly detail oriented, organized, and self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- BA required