Sr Manager, Strategic Accounts (Payer Market)
Job ID 2022-4479
WebMD Provider Services, a division of WebMD, is committed to supporting patients, members and caregivers from discovery to recovery. As prospective patients start their health care search, we're there with customized marketing and ongoing personalized health education. Our highly engaging content is also used at the point of care, accessible on health system televisions and via patient's own devices. Our content's depth and thoughtfulness drive deeper patient understanding and engagement for health improvement. Additionally, our integration technologies such as Krames On FHIR® and direct-to-patient messaging capabilities integrate seamlessly into the clinical and care management workflow to deliver the right resources at the right time, freeing up clinicians to focus on what they do best—care for patients.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
WebMD PS has a very strong offering for the Health Plan market, focused on bringing education and engagement to members to improve outcomes, lower risk and improve the member experience. As part of a talented Health plan team, the Manager, Strategic Accounts will be responsible for generating and closing new business opportunities in a named account territory to meet and exceed growth targets. Part of a new business sales team and reporting to the VP Sales, the Manager, Strategic Accounts will expand market share through sales to new logos as well as work within the base to sell our industry leading member education solutions. The market presents significant opportunity, we’re looking for candidates that move quickly, establish strong relationships and have an inquisitive and positive mindset. We can teach you our process and our products, you need to bring energy, passion and experience of the market.
- Build long term relationships with Payers in territory to identify opportunities for competitive wins and upsells
- Develop and manage a territory business plan identifying opportunities and a strategy to meet and exceed sales goals. Demonstrate clear understanding of the territory makeup and execute plans to drive growth to its maximum potential.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs to ‘challenge’ the way Payers think and solve their member education and engagement problems creatively, while increasing positive health outcomes, and cut costs.
- Generate and maintain both a new logo and upsell pipeline sufficient to meet and exceed goals as set by management.
- Manage tight sales process in line with company approach, with accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting.
- Adopt and leverage account planning and strategy tools to build strategic relationships with prospective clients that optimize sales.
- Collaborate with Account Management to drive cross-sell opportunities across the client base.
- Develop compelling and competitive proposals and RFPs with the support of the commercial ops team.
- Develop a strong understanding of and proficiency with Salesforce to utilize reports, track activities and update opportunities in a timely fashion.
- Solicit leads, attend trade shows and conferences in the target market on a national scope
- Travel as needed to present Company capabilities, ascertain client needs and generate new business (up to 40%).
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) or more years related experience and/or training are required for this position.
- Strong track record selling into Payers/US Health Insurance Market.
- Experience in selling solutions and services in Payers servicing various lines of business and/or markets (Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid), regional Health Plans and Medicare Advantage, in particular.
- Experience successfully negotiating contractual agreements with health plans.
- Patient education or engagement experience would be a plus.
- Strong sales prospecting skills and ability to manage an efficient sales process.
- Previous experience selling into the C-Suite of Health Systems and working contracts through their approval process is a plus.