Job ID 2021-3453
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
Job Title: Editorial Assistant
WebMD is seeking an Editorial Assistant to provide editorial and administrative support to the Editorial Content team. WebMD's Editorial Content team creates the sites’ most popular and enduring content, reaching millions of users each day. In addition to medical reference articles and slideshows, the team develops immersive stories, blogs and WebMD's podcast, “Health Now.” This position requires strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines; and facility with a variety of web-based applications.
- Provide editorial support as needed across content types including articles, slideshows, features, quizzes, and podcast. This may include writing article teases and providing metadata, assisting with images and providing publishing support.
- Help gather and organize data to track content production and for monthly content reporting
- Update and optimize existing content to meet quality and SEO standards
- Write polls
- Maintain team’s database of freelance writers and editors to ensure information and availability is up-to-date
- Assist with editing of new content and help to enhance existing content
- Other editorial and administrative support duties as needed
- Knowledge of SEO (search engine optimization) and metadata