Job ID 2020-2078
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Alert Production Managers
/alert® is a premier full-service healthcare communications company providing information and education to healthcare professionals. Our programs include cooperative mail, custom mail, e-mail, digital engagement and research programs.
Our full-service capabilities in healthcare information and communications can help our customers deliver a consistent message to a wide healthcare professional audience using the latest technologies including mobile technology.
Schedules and coordinates the flow of work within or between departments to expedite deployment of products sold to various clients. Works closely with various teams including but not limited to sales, circulation/list management and 3rd party vendors to maintain high product and service quality during a production cycle while adhering to the schedule and being aware of the budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures completed product and product related items including but not limited to mailing lists are prepared and correctly presented to vendors in a timely manner by compiling and organizing client orders, mailing lists and any other necessary components for timely deployment.
- Contacts clients with due dates for orders, mailing lists, etc. and any client-supplied ancillary materials that may be planned/needed for each custom publication or product
- Assists or mentors Production Coordinators.
- Stays abreast of all production schedules and respective internal and external clients who work with them. Creates plans to avoid or re-plan in light of such
- Creates and submits necessary files to print/product
- Traffics proofs.
- Confirms accurate postage details for internal and external purposes.
- Monitors and tracks all art, proofs, and corrections etc., as
- Estimates costs and any cost overruns, alerting management/sales to situation. Proposes alternatives.
- Completes other administrative tasks in a timely
- Performs responsibilities in a professional manner, meeting the Company’s mission and goals.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Uses feedback to modify designs; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school and three
3) years related training and/or experience are required. Related college or trade school education is beneficial but not required. Experience with list maintenance, file management, and publication fulfillment and/or similar production trafficking methodologies required. These requirements may be substituted by an equivalent combination of education and experience where applicable
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Must demonstrate a command of the English language (read, write and speak).
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, a d decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs