Associate Data Analyst
Job ID 2020-2112
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is currently seeking a driven Associate Data Analyst and Report developer, for our Business Intelligence division. This person will be working with Vertica and business analysis tools including Omniture Site Catalyst and Tableau to support their data analysis and exploration. This person will work as part of a team of seasoned analysts and developers with opportunities for collaboration and mentoring in using SQL in a big data environment and employing the latest in analytic database capabilities. This position will be responsible to support various business functions specifically to understand their initiatives, identify reporting needs, vet out requirements, design and develop reports
- Support various business units across the organization, Promotional Marketing, Membership, and Editorial Teams by developing and delivering ad-hoc and standard reporting using both SQL and Enterprise reporting tools
- Perform and execute advanced analytic functions in Vertica and Tableau to deliver on complex marketing sciences use cases
- Provide historical performance, trending and benchmarking analysis
- Investigate changes in traffic, engagements, emails, ads, retention, and click through and assist in identifying root causes of monetizable engagements
- Create and maintain reporting documentation and user guides
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned include:
- Insightful, easy to understand reports that meet business needs
- Delivery of trend analysis for website, registration and marketing activities
- Provide daily/weekly/monthly reports and insights into changing patterns with an understanding of business initiatives that may be driving the changes
- Deliver timely accurate reports
- Provide recommendation on report automation and business process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Database Design, Computer Science, Statistics or a related discipline or at least 4 years of additional experience in report writing and reporting applications.
- 2+ years’ experience in report writing and reporting applications
- 2+ years’ experience with databases such as Vertica, SQL Server, Oracle, and strong SQL skills. Must be able to write SQL queries from scratch
- 2+ years of practical experience with Excel. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Ability to work through problems and reach a workable solution
- Self-motivated, proactive and self-sufficient with the ability to motivate peers and drive intelligent, creative, and action-oriented results
- Ability to understand data relationships, provide insights and deliver results Experience with web analytics tools such as Omniture (preferred) and Google Analytics
- Experience with reporting and analyzing web metrics
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Vertica, SQL, Tableau and/or Adobe Analytics is preferred