Digital Media - Data Analyst
Job ID 2020-2129
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD is searching for a Data Analyst to join our Media Technology Team. In this role, your primary responsibilities will be to measure and monitor performance of key product launches across both Medscape and WebMD and work closely with senior product and BI staff to increase revenue and speed time to market
This position will:
- Support the development of new products and help inform product success and optimizations through data analysis
- Provide ad hoc analytical and database support to optimize user interaction and financial return for WebMD.com.
- Conduct database, financial, marketing and other forms of quantitative analysis to discover answers to business questions
- Serve as a key partner and liaison to the Data Services team to help create and deliver automation analysis
- Empower stakeholders in a self-serve manner by conceptualizing, building, and delivering dashboards based on a set of requirements or needs
Typical assignments will include:
- Meetings with Senior Management, Marketing, Business Intelligence and Product management staff to understand business goals and data sources
- Identifying analytical approaches and appropriate data to investigate
- Problem Solving with product management to find potential issues utilizing data analysis
- Presenting findings with action items to senior leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, marketing or quantitative field or 4 years equivalent experience
- Digital Media Experience is a must
- 3+ years’ experience in Analytics and Digital Media
- Strong database analysis experience, including authoring code in SQL or comparable language
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Responsible, accountable and result-driven
- Strong understanding of core Media success metrics (Viewability, Capacity, CTR, etc)