Director, Education Outcomes and Accreditation
Job ID 2021-3215
Jobson Healthcare Information (JHI) is a premier healthcare information and marketing services provider, with leading positions in a variety of growing healthcare markets such as pharmacy, eye care, clinician (physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants) and the managed markets (managed care, hospitals and government). Through its diversified, multi-media portfolio of marketing services, information databases, publications, medical education programs, events, websites and other digital and traditional media services, JHI is uniquely positioned to inform and educate a highly targeted network of approximately one million healthcare professionals across multiple specialties.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) has been providing trusted independent continuing education for healthcare professionals since 1979 and is a recognized leader for jointly provided continuing education activities. PIM is nationally accredited to certify education and issue continuing education credit to an interdisciplinary audience of learners,
including physicians, physician assistants, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, psychologists, dentists, social workers, and clinical laboratory professionals.
We specialize in joint providership, outcomes measurement, and grant solicitation/funding support. PIM also offers an online eLearning platform, www.cmeuniversity.com
The purpose of the PIM continuing healthcare education program is to deliver effective CME/CE activities that are designed to contribute to the professional development of physicians, as well as other members of the healthcare team, support their lifelong learning process, and positively impact the delivery of healthcare.
We fulfill this mission by forming successful alliances and working in collaboration to deliver impactful educational experiences that are designed to improve patient care practices.
The Director Education Outcomes and Accreditation leads an educational outcomes measurement (EOM) division of PIM that provides fee-based services that aid in the development and growth of both new and existing clients. This role also has primary responsibility for obtaining and maintaining the various accreditations held by PIM.
- Interpret data and develop reports for EOM projects to demonstrate degree of knowledge and skill/strategy acquisition and/or change in practice/performance,including potential to assess improvements in patient and population health, as a result of participation in education activities; Establish and recommend policies and procedures to assure consistency and quality in the provision of education services
- Actively participate in regulatory compliance endeavors and oversee all accreditation/providership and re-accreditation applications and processes
- Responsible to develop internal resources, capabilities, processes and procedures for assessing, planning, and evaluating the effectiveness of continuing education activities targeted to healthcare professionals
- Design strategic qualitative and quantitative methodologies and research instruments to gain valid data for specific EOM projects
- Work with clients to manage custom EOM studies from proposal to reporting findings, which may in include writing for publication
- Oversee EOM projects to ensure that relationships with clients and grantors are well-managed and project timelines/deliverables are met
- Possess a MD, PhD, PharmD, or BSN/MSN degree (Masters preferred) or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of instructional strategies for adult learning and educational design
- Proficient with goal-oriented project management, including client services, research studies, and questionnaire design
- Ability to analyze and report key findings from research data
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and competency interacting on all levels with healthcare professionals, staff and clients
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific literature
- Ability to write articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Expert knowledge and understanding of the complex regulatory issues and operational guidelines of commercially supported continuing education for healthcare professionals
- CHCP credential is strongly preferred