Technical Business Analyst
Job ID 2019-1120
WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WebMD Health Services is looking for a Technical Business Analyst (TBA) who will work collaboratively with internal team members from the Product and Solutions Organization and other stakeholders to implement complex solutions for clients using a mix of applications, tools, and interfaces. This role shares responsibility for the overall solution design, including applications and tools, making sure it meets the client’s business objectives.
The Technical Business Analyst guides the client in evaluating options and making recommendations using best practices to ensure business needs are met. Responsibilities include authoring, documenting and delivering clear, concise, and complete technical and/or functional specifications that drive the successful completion of projects and implementations. This role drives the successful completion of implementations and enhancements - defined as on-time, fully-functional deployments.
The Technical Business Analyst must develop an in-depth knowledge of product functionality, have a solid grasp of the technical aspects of the applications, and possess an in-depth understanding of the health and wellness domain as it applies to the implementation of solutions. This key role will work with the team to:
- Implement the scope as agreed upon and guide the client through the functional and technical pieces of the implementation
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand client business needs and be able to translate needs to the configuration of the solutions; assist the client in evaluating options and alternatives to ensure business needs are met, while driving the adoption of best practices and avoiding custom work
- Author functional and/or technical specifications for client implementations
- Configure tools and solutions, as applicable
- Analyze and triage functional and technical issues throughout the implementation
- Define and drive the client acceptance testing process to identify required changes and communicate changes to development
- Provide post-launch functional and technical support until the implementation is stabilized and fully transitioned to the long-term client care team
- Conduct webcast client-based training sessions as needed
- Provide feedback to Product Development on the configurations for our products and what customizations can be accommodated.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent years of experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience writing functional and/or technical requirements for software implementations
- Familiarity with relational database concepts
- Experience with MS Office products
- Proficient written communication, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 5-10% of the time