Intern - Medical Editorial
Job ID 2020-1955
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Intern – Medical Editorial
Summer Internship - 6/1 - 8/7
- research topics of greatest interest to young doctors
- provide background sheets for editors and follow up as skills permit
- research and detail resources most used by medical students
- provide editorial support to editors through internet research
- conduct background interviews and other methods as skills permit; would support business priorities of building young members through more targeted editorial and marketing efforts
Required (must be signified on resume):
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Enrolled in Undergrad or Graduate program and returning for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Pre-med or related majors
- editorial experience in college or med school preferred, including personal writing or blogging
- involvement in med school organizations valuable, either at school, regional, or national level;
- internet skills valuable such as familiarity with popular medical sites, tools and other resources
- Interests that would align with this position: medical journalism; medical technology; future of medicine; #FOAMed; patient education; physician professionalism and ethics
Will only consider candidates with an address on their resume that is within reasonable commuting distance to our office. Relocation/housing assistance is not available for this position.