Job ID 2021-3413
MedscapeLIVE!, a Medscape Company, delivers MD and HCP audiences across all therapeutic areas. Access MDs and HCPs through MedscapeLIVE! Events.
WebMD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.
The Reporting Analyst position reports to the Director of Audience Engagement, in the audience engagement team of MedscapeLIVE!. This role is responsible for creating reports for MedscapeLIVE! programs/events. This position will need to be able to understand and intake business requests, perform data analysis, and provide the results in client (supporter) facing reports. The role will work in a team-oriented and dynamic environment and will require working closely with other teams such as Data and Analytics, Product Management, Audience Engagement, and Data Services in order to provide the sales organization with results-oriented data and performance metrics for our supporters. Various software packages and database and reporting tools, such as SQL query tool, Tableau, and PowerPoint, will all be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on these data.
The ideal candidate will have strong data management, analytical, organization, communication, and problem-solving skills to develop reports from large data sets and interfaces with internal teams - to analyze programs of MedscapeLIVE! business and provide business insights to support sales and revenue goals. He/she must have a proven ability to meet deadlines, while being proactive and detail-oriented.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Create routine supporter-facing metrics reports measuring overall MedscapeLIVE! programs/events performance and follow a set schedule to ensure reporting deadlines are met
- Provide support for internal ad-hoc reporting and data analytics requests and various internal process improvement initiatives
- Ability to work independently, multi-tasking and understanding priorities of requests and projects in a dynamic environment
- Provide additional insights and customized metrics reports on activity performance and impact to support sales in generating renewals for the MedscapeLIVE! business
- Manage JIRA ticketing system to support data analytics requests across all MedscapeLIVE!
- Independently QA reports with existing tools and work with the QA team to ensure all reporting issues and defects are addressed before delivery of reports
- Work closely with the sales, operations and data insights to assist in determining reporting needs based on supporter requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience; BA/BS in marketing or information systems is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience in data analysis and/or client reporting is required
- Demonstrated experience working with Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Strong Excel skill is required. Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with ability to import and manipulate data from various data sources, aggregate data by using pivot tables, v-lookup, charts and graphs
- Must be proactive and detail-oriented
- Strong organization and time management skills is required
- Experience with reporting tools and web analytics tools such as Tableau, Virtual Event Platforms, Omniture, Google Analytics a strong plus
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload in a dynamically changing environment
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to communicate with management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a sales support environment with communicating data-driven analysis to various departments is preferred
- Prior experience with web analytics and reporting of client data, marketing experience a plus