Director Strategic Accounts (Pharma/Medical Affairs))
Job ID 2021-2590
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Responsible for the marketing and selling of Medscape Medical Affairs’ unique suite of digital medical affairs solutions to global and regional teams within the Life Sciences industry. The Director will have principal responsibility for acquiring, managing and expanding new client accounts throughout their territory and in related client subsidiaries worldwide. The DSA will also manage maintain and grow existing accounts. The successful candidate will be a natural and supportive client partner, develop and maintain excellent relationships, and will have the passionate drive for securing new relationships and exceptional delivery of solutions to current clients. The role is backed by some of the industry's most impressive support services in sales, client services, marketing and operations.
Frequent travel is required to client meetings and medical conferences.
- Significant experience and demonstrable results from Medical Communications/PR agency selling to and working with regional and global medical affairs in pharmaceutical/biotech/medical device companies.
- Track record of successful sales to senior medical affairs managers in pharmaceutical companies
- Fluency with the world of industry medical affairs including: clinical development timelines/phases of drug discovery, advisory boards, KOL/TL develop practices, internal stakeholder training, commercialization collaborations, etc.
- Excellent experience of presenting to and successfully interacting with senior management of prospect organizations.
- Ability to sell at a consultative level, developing deep and sustained client relationships based upon value.
- A passion for digital and innovation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professional staff from varied disciplines and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure sales environment.
- Demonstrates drive, being a self-starting independent worker.
- Technical proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor’s Degree desirable.
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus, but not essential.