Director, Strategic Accounts
Job ID 2020-1904
WebMD is the most recognized and trusted brand of health information and the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans through our public and private online portals and WebMD the Magazine. The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD, Medscape, MedicineNet, eMedicine, RxList, theheart.org and Medscape Education. Our consumer portals and mobile health applications provide engaging, relevant and credible health and wellness information, personalized health assessment tools and access to online communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Description: WebMD Point of Care is a strategic business unit within WebMD, delivering a national magazine as well as custom content products to 8.9 million consumers in the physician’s office. The business team works directly with pharmaceutical clients, consumer packaged goods clients and other categories such as hospitals, non-profits and medical device companies. The business is growing with continued product innovation, measurement and performance analysis, data analytics as related to physician offices and target lists as well as consumer insight surveys.
A Strategic Account Director on the team today is a strong strategic thinker, analytical, competitive and dedicated to excellence. The opportunity offers a sales professional the opportunity to contribute to a client’s success and be part of a trusted, well-respected brand that is a forward thinker and leader in healthcare education, communication and marketing.
- Sell current and new WebMD Point of Care ad products and strategic initiatives in a competitive environment
- Develop the strategies needed to help clients make informed decisions and recognize the value of WebMD Point of Care through a consultative sales approach
- Utilize forecasting and business analytical skills to take advantage of opportunities and to expand relationships
- Build relationships with agency and brand decision makers alike
- Develop and pitch client proposal and brand opportunities
- Create new ideas and programs, utilizing data and analysis to gain market share and revenue from POC competition and other media e.g. TV.
- Work closely with internal teams to identify key strategies to maximize impact of clients’ campaigns including measurement, physician and office location data as well as market research
- Work closely with internal business units e.g. Business Intelligence and Marketing Science to ensure advertising campaigns are built for performance and positive ROI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 to 10 years advertising experience
- Extensive client deal-making experience and a desire to aggressively “hunt” and develop new business
- Excels in an entrepreneurial sales environment with only moderate supervision. Can handle the complexities of working internally across support teams, e.g. Marketing Science, Business Intelligence and Legal for Contracts.
- Effectively blends the need to be a brand champion, a data expert, and a client consultant in order to maximize territory sales
- Excellent written and verbal skills, professional demeanor, strong work ethic, and enjoys business development and new business prospecting
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to articulate competitive differentiation and sell to win
- Comfortable working with and selling with data e.g. pivot tables, excel formulas and data analysis
- Independent thinker, curious and creative
- 5+ years health / print/ internet sales preferred
- Relevant vertical marketplace experience a plus
- Agency experience in both the planning and buying of traditional interactive media a plus