Senior Web Production Coordinator
Job ID 2019-1392
Medscape, a division of WebMD, develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Medscape, a division of WebMD, is currently seeking a Web Production Associate, Audience Engagement, for our New York Education business unit. Medscape develops and hosts physician portals and related mobile applications that make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, as well as earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
The Web Production Senior Coordinator will report to the Marketing Manager of the Audience Engagement team and will assist with the strategic implementation of onsite marketing campaigns to help achieve contractual traffic and revenue goals for Medscape Education activities. The position requires creating, testing, and troubleshooting marketing automation business rules that will drive Medscape’s intelligence-based marketing campaigns. Some experience with marketing automation systems is desired. In absence of that, some expertise in programming that will demonstrate the candidate’s ability to translate business objectives into system commands and logically debug those commands when the marketing result is not what was expected is a reasonable proxy. The ideal candidate will also bring strong project management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills. He/she must have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining the ability to think strategically.
- Work closely with the Audience Engagement, Personalization Services, and Data Analytics teams to manage and coordinate all onsite tactics within marketing plans for Medscape Education activities. More specifically:
- Work with Personalization team to leverage a proprietary marketing automation tool
- Plan and implement personalized targeting tactics with the Audience Engagement team
- Manage campaigns, write marketing automation rules, and write some light SQL queries
- Effectively anticipate problems, generate and analyze solutions. Contribute to overall quality of all campaigns by conducting tests to ensure error-free execution of every launch
- Manage bugs surfaced from testing and coordinate with QA to uphold quality
- Coordinate troubleshooting of technical problems with operational teams
- Analyze response rate to inform best practices where it comes to onsite deployment of promotional tactics
- Oversee overall activity performance and traffic patterns on a daily/weekly basis in order to quickly adjust marketing campaigns to meet aggressive revenue goals
- Track and analyze all data around onsite tactics to ensure marketing campaigns are running efficiently
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience in the digital or online media space
- Experience with a marketing automation tool
- Quick learner of new technologies, tools and processes; ability to adapt to change
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, responsible, accountable, and results-driven
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, operational, analytical and project management skills
- Proficient in understanding and representing analysis to various departments
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with JSON and Groovy preferable
- Basic understanding/experience with a marketing automation tool preferable
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline is preferred